2D1N Mount Trus Madi Climb
|Region:||Kota Kinabalu / Tambunan|
|Duration:||2 Days 1 Night|
|Pick Up Point:||Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu|
The second highest mountain in Malaysia, Mount Trus Madi is said to be more challenging than its taller counterpart, Mount Kinabalu. This 2-day 1-night climb up the mountain will challenge you in unlikely ways, as you battle through steep terrains, muddy treks, and beautiful views of Sabah's virgin rainforests that'll make you want to stop at every point along the way.
9.00 AMWe will depart from Kota Kinabalu city for Tambunan town.
10.30 AMEstimated arrival at Tambunan town.
11.00 AMDepart from Tambunan to Apin-Apin, Keningau.
12.00 PMEstimated arrival at Apin-Apin, Keningau. Head to reception for registration. Show entrance permits before listening to a short briefing from the Forestry staff.
12.30 PMWe will continue our journey to Starting Point, which will be our main base camp for the night.
4.00 PMEstimated arrival at Starting Point, our base camp for the night.
6.00 PMDinner is served and overnight stay at Apin-Apin Base Camp.
12.30 AMWake up and get ready for the summit attack.
1.00 AMTrek up to the summit of Nuluhon Trusmadi, Tambunan.
5.30 AM - 7.00 AMEstimated arrival at the summit, where we will have breakfast with an unbeatable view of the sunrise.
8.00 AMTrek back down to Starting Point.
12.00 PM - 2.00 PMArrive at Starting Point and have lunch to reenergise for our trip back down.
2.30 PMTrek back to Tambunan town from base camp.
5.00 PMArrive back in Tambunan town, from where we will be departing back to Kota Kinabalu.
7.30 PMWe arrive back in Kota Kinabalu city. Until next time!
|Meal:||01 Breakfast, 01 Lunch, 01 Dinner|
|Includes:||Return Hotel Transfer (based on seat in coach), Climb Permit, Return Transfer from Tambunan Town to Trusmadi (starting point), Meals as stated, 01 Night Accommodation (Basic dormitory Bunk-Bed), Mountain Guide, Insurance|
|Accommodation:||01 Shared Dormitory|
|Excludes:||Airfares, Optional Tipping & Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned|
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis (shared vehicle).
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- This route ascent and descent via Tambunan
- For Mount Trus Madi, the minimum age required is 18 years old.
Things You Should Bring
- Warm clothing (Temperature can be freezing at times)
- A torch light (To light your way during the pre-dawn climb and to signal for help when needed)/ A head Torch
- A rain coat (To protect you from rain and wind, and it will slow down the loss of body heat)
- A whistle (Only to be used when is needed.)
- Some energy food and water, e.g. extra chocolate, glucose, tablets, biscuits (For emergency-use when you are waiting for help to arrive)
- Leech socks
- Good trekking shoes
- Waterproof bag to store your belongings
- Jacket/ Windbreaker
- Personal Toiletries
- Gloves (For protection from cold and while holding on to ropes)
Things You Should Know
- Climbers are required to book date at least one month before climbing.
- You are not allowed to open or create any new trails and required to follow exisiting trail only.
- There is a limit of 5 climbers to one guide during each trip.
- Cutting of tree or plants whether dead or alive is strictly prohibited.
- Things to bring including rain coat, sweater, torch light, appropriate shoes for hiking and socks.
- Please bring your own extra clothes and bath items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc…)
- This trail is physically challenging. Please ensure you are relatively fit to climb this mountain.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Important Things to Note
- This package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transport vehicle. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels due to traffic conditions, please reconfirm with our staffs. Should the transport be delayed, please call the relevant telephone number as stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- Amazing Borneo Tours reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Tipping is like giving a hug. Although it’s never expected, it’s always very much appreciated.
Friendly Note from Sabah Parks
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.