3D2N Mount Trus Madi Climb
|Region:||Kota Kinabalu / Tambunan|
|Duration:||3 Days 2 Nights|
|Pick Up Point:||Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu|
This 3-day 2-night climb to Mount Trusmadi gives you time to get yourself ready with an overnight stay at Tambunan Town. The climb is said to be more challenging than Mount Kinabalu with steeper terrains, muddier grounds and chillier weather, but we can guarantee that the view from the top is worth it all.
12.00 PMWe will depart for Tambunan Town from Kota Kinabalu city.
2.30 PMEstimated arrival at Tambunan town.
7.00 PMWe will have dinner at Tambunan Town, and you are also free to wander around and explore the town after.
9.00 PMOvernight at Tambunan town.
8.00 AMRise and shine for breakfast and some relaxation before getting ready to trek.
9.30 AMStart preparing for the trek up to base camp.
11.30 AMDepart from Tambunan town for Apin-Apin at Keningau.
12.00 PMEstimated arrival at Apin-Apin, Keningau. Head to the counter for registration and to show entrance permits before listening to a short briefing from the Forestry staff.
12.30 PMWe will start hiking to Starting Point, our base camp for the day.
4.00 PMEstimated arrival at our base camp, Starting Point.
6.00 PMHave dinner and overnight at Starting Point.
12.30 AMIt's an early morning as we start trekking to warm ourselves up.
1.00 AMStart trek to summit of Nuluhon Trusmadi Tambunan.
5.30 AM - 7.00 AMArrive at summit where we will also have breakfast.
8.00 AMTrek back down to Starting Point at camp site.
12.00 PM - 2.00 PMArrive at Starting Point and have lunch before departure.
2.30 PMHead back to Tambunan town.
5.00 PMEstimated arrival at Tambunan town, which is where we will depart to Kota Kinabalu from.
7.30 PMEstimated arrival back in Kota Kinabalu City.
|Meal:||02 Breakfast, 02 Lunch, 02 Dinner|
|Includes:||02 Nights Accommodation (Basic dormitory Bunk-Bed), Meals as stated, Return Hotel Transfer (based on seat in coach), Climb Permit, Return Transfer from Tambunan Town to Trusmadi (Starting Point), Mountain Guide, Certificate & Insurance|
|Accommodation:||02 Nights Shared Dormitory|
|Excludes:||Airfares, Optional Tipping, Porter, Personal expenses, and any other items not mentioned|
- Rate Per Person is based on Join-In Tour Basis (shared vehicle).
- All rates displayed are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- All rates are inclusive of 0% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- This route ascent and descent via Tambunan
- For Mount Trus Madi, the minimum age required is 18 years old.
Things You Should Bring
- Warm clothing (Temperature can be freezing at times)
- A torch light (To light your way during the pre-dawn climb and to signal for help when needed)/ A head Torch
- A rain coat (To protect you from rain and wind, and it will slow down the loss of body heat)
- A whistle (Only to be used when is needed.)
- Some energy food and water, e.g. extra chocolate, glucose, tablets, biscuits (For emergency-use when you are waiting for help to arrive)
- Leech socks
- Good trekking shoes
- Waterproof bag to store your belongings
- Jacket/ Windbreaker
- Personal Toiletries
- Gloves (For protection from cold and while holding on to ropes)
Things You Should Know
- Climbers are required to book date at least one month before climbing.
- You are not allowed to open or create any new trails and required to follow exisiting trail only.
- There is a limit of 5 climbers to one guide during each trip.
- Cutting of tree or plants whether dead or alive is strictly prohibited.
- Things to bring including rain coat, sweater, torch light, appropriate shoes for hiking and socks.
- Please bring your own extra clothes and bath items (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc…)
- This trail is physically challenging. Please ensure you are relatively fit to climb this mountain.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
Important Things to Note
- This package is based on join-in basis of shared guide and transport vehicle. Private Guide or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee. Please inform us when making the bookings.
- Departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels due to traffic conditions, please reconfirm with our staffs. Should the transport be delayed, please call the relevant telephone number as stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- Amazing Borneo Tours reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Tipping is like giving a hug. Although it’s never expected, it’s always very much appreciated.
Friendly Note from Sabah Parks
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.